Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm back in Wisconsin to perform at more colleges.
Last night I did a fun, laid back show at Edgewood College.

I totally lost my sweatshirt at the airport yesterday.
I don't mind though.
I didn't need it in my life anymore.
I don't think anyone is going to be thrilled when they find it.
An oversized hooded sweatshirt is no lucky penny.
Sometimes when I see a penny on the ground I won't pick it up
because I worry that people will judge me and think,
"Wow, how empty is her life that she needs a penny."
So I'll walk away from the penny.
But then the thought of the penny haunts me all day.
And I wonder if I just missed a great opportunity.
I keep thinking about going back to get it.
Even if I'm miles away.

I don't get that way about oversized hooded sweatshirts though.
If I see a hooded sweatshirt lying on the ground.
I just think,
"Looks like someone had a nervous breakdown
and
threw their sweatshirt on the ground then ran away screaming."
Then I walk away.
But I never think about picking it up.