Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!

2005 was a great year. I got to do so many cool things.
I'll just mention 2 of them, because I don't feel like writing a novel.

1. I got to tour colleges, which was so much fun.
A few years ago I used to do this thing on stage where I would announce to the audience that my next comedy career goal was to be a road comic. I would then play a game with them called "Getting Ready for the Road". I was just goofing around about the the whole thing. But then I actually started doing shows where I had to travel to get to them. So my "next comedy career goal" became a reality.

2. My stand-up appeared on tv.
I've always loved watching tv. But being on tv is different. Cameras creep me out. I've always preferred doing any kind of live show(without the presence of a camera). But this year I did standup in front of a camera and it made it's way to tv, and I actually didn't mind. It was both fun and exciting. I'm still not the biggest fan of being in front of a camera, but I KNOW I'll get over it.
How do I know?
Well before I started doing standup, public speaking creeped me out, and I always hated it. I was always a huge fan of comedy, but whenever I saw a comedian on tv doing standup I would say,
"I don't know how they do it. I could never imagine getting up and talking in front of a room full of strangers AND making them laugh. That is something you will NEVER see me do.

But now here I am...

Thanks again for all of your support.

No comments: