Saturday, October 20, 2007

Don't even tempt me!


The other day I got a package in the mail from a pen company.
For some reason I get a package from them once a year that contains a pen.
This year's pen was called, "The Squiggle Pen".
It looked like this:

It was wrapped in oversized bubble wrap and came with instructions on how I could order 900 more of them that had my name written on them or some kind of special message like, "Follow your heart!"
I found myself being a little bit too excited about this.
I said, "The Squiggle Pen and bubble wrap!"(out loud and with a high volume).
It made me feel like I was six years old and had just found one of those free prizes in the cereal box.
It's like the pen company knows me
and
knows exactly how to get inside my head and trick me into ordering 900 squiggle pens
and
I'm so tempted to do it.
There's something comforting about the thought of just knowing that I randomly have 900 squiggle pens stashed away in a secret place
and
at any given moment I can walk up to a stranger and say,
Here have a Squiggle Pen...
Then just walk away without saying anything else.

1 comment:

Erin said...

As the daughter of someone who has won a lifetime supply of pens - I assure you - it is comforting to know there will always be a pen when you need one.