Sunday, April 11, 2010

Comedy nerd moment!

So, 10 years at this time I was completing my last semester of college in Los Angeles(via Emerson College's L.A. program).
I would go to the Hollywood Improv every now and then because some of my friends performed there and I would also go to check out a lot of comedians I had heard of from tv. During that time frame I never got to actually perform at that club. It wouldn't be until five years later when returning to L.A. for a couple of months that I got to take the stage. It was for a Tonight Show(w/Jay Leno) audition. The line-up for that show was super stacked(with talent) and I remember being kind of surprised that more audience hadn't shown up for it and thinking,
Do people realize what a great live show they are missing?

It was fun though and it allowed me to reunite with some friends I hadn't seen in years. That's one of the great things about being a comedian, I get to make people laugh, but also it's an excuse to have mini-reunions with friends I haven't seen in forever.

Anyway, I think I had a point, what was it?
Oh yeah.
After taking the liberty of googling my own name I discovered that the Improv comedy club chain has including me in their "comedians" section. I thought that was cool of them to do that, especially since I've performed at only one of their clubs a whopping one time.

On an unrelated note, I've also discovered that google has a "related search" section and that a lot of my "related" searches are very UN-related to me.

These are the things that happen when you take the liberty of googling your own name on a Sunday morning!

This ends this comedy nerd moment blog post.

No comments: