Monday, May 30, 2011

Yay!

I ran(jogged) my second half marathon yesterday.

It was awesome to run through the streets and neighborhoods of Boston I normally drive or walk through along with thousands of other runners. I was running at a decent pace until the heat finally got to me at the 8th mile so I slowed it down quite a bit. I think I had a final time that was 7 or 8 minutes slower than when I ran the Boston Half Marathon(via Dana Farber) back in October on account of the heat getting to me a little but it's all good. At this point I'm still shocked that I can run these things because I always have flashbacks to when I was a kid and couldn't even run ONE mile to pass the physical fitness test at school.

I'm also really excited that I haven't haven't had any injuries. Hopefully it will stay that way as a I continue to train for the full length Chicago Marathon I will be running(jogging) in October!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Much respect to all you Veterans/Soldiers!
I appreciate what you do(or did).
I don't know how you do it!

No comments: