Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I still can't believe I stepped on gum earlier.
That's so out of character for me.
I always look before I step.
I never step before I look.
I'm devastated.
I didn't even bother to remove the gum from my sneaker.
I decided to keep it there in memorium of the gum stepping.
The downside to that is that things stick to my sneaker as I walk around.
I found a note stuck to it that said,

Go get 'em George!
Love
You know who

It made me wonder.
Did George ever get this message?
or
Did "You know who" drop the note before he or she could get the note to George?
I bet "You know who" dropped it, and doesn't even know.
They're walking around thinking, "Wow, I can't wait to give this note to George."
Then all of a sudden I walk into town with my gum clad sneaker and savagely take the note away.
George will never get the message now.
He'll always walk through life not knowing that "You know who" wanted him to "Go get 'em".

All because I stepped without looking.

No comments: