Friday, February 08, 2008

Bow ties!!!!!
I used to work at an office supply store when I was younger.
I think it was when I was 19 or 20, or maybe it was 18.
I don't remember.
I do remember quitting after only a month of working there
and
I remember thinking everyone I worked with was really nice
but
I hated working there simply because they made us wear a...
BOW TIE.
I'm pretty sure I had never worn one in my life until that point.
I don't remember how I was told that it would be required to wear one.
Was it,
Here's your bow tie we feel you should wear it because it makes customers want to buy more notebooks.
or
Maybe it was handed to me and followed by a,
As you know the selling of pens and the wearing of bow ties go hand in hand...welcome to our empire!
Either way it made me feel like a clown(because I think clowns wear bow ties).
There was no escaping the bow tie.
I tried.
One day I didn't wear it just to see if anyone would notice.
They did.
I don't know if its common for office supply store employees to wear bow ties
but
I do know that the store I used to work at closed down.
That's what happens when you make people wear bow ties who don't want to wear them!

No comments: