Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thanks Bozo!
I think all of us have valuable things learned in childhood that we carry with us throughout life.
I got one of mine from catching an episode of "Bozo's Big Top" one day.
Bozo taught the valuable lesson of taking a newspaper
and
rolling it up
then cutting the edges a bit with a pair of scissors.
You then pull on the edge of the newspaper you cut a bit so it extends really far.
Then suddenly just like magic,
that rolled up newspaper becomes a...
palm tree!
The other day while waiting in a line, Bozo's lesson popped into my head.
I didn't have a newspaper on me, but I DID have my winter scarf on me!
I quickly snatched it from around my neck and began to roll it like Bozo had done with the newspaper.
I skipped the whole "cutting the edges with scissors" bit(as it didn't seem wise in this scenario)
and
went right to the "extending the edge really far" part.
Just like magic my winter scarf had transformed into...
something that looked nothing like a palm tree
and
failed to impress everyone standing in line with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bozo the clown scared the shit out me when I was a child!